[Updated: 19 Feb, 2021]
Caution: Some altcoin exchanges include a cryptocurrency with the symbol “LBTC” for “Lightning Bitcoin”. This is NOT the same as bitcoin on Lightning network ⚡. That currency symbol is for a small value altcoin that has no relation to the bitcoin Lightning network ⚡. There is another currency symbol that may be similar, L-BTC, and that too is unrelated to bitcoin on Lightning network ⚡. The L-BTC symbol is used by exchanges which support bitcoin on Blockstream’s Liquid Network.
Exchanges where you can buy and/or sell bitcoin using Lightning network ⚡:
- Bitfinex (⚡) [NO KYC]
- River Financial (⚡) [NO KYC]
- bitFlyer Lightning Pro (⚡)
- Strike (⚡) ← Announcement
- OKEx (⚡) ← Announcement
- CoinCorner (⚡) ← Announcement
- Bitbargain (⚡)
- BTCDuke (⚡)
- Vaultoro (⚡)
- VBTC (⚡) [Vietnam] ← Announcement, Press
- Buda (⚡)
- NiceHash Exchange (⚡)
- Breez (⚡) ← Announcement
- FastBitcoins (💵, ⚡) [NO KYC, under $150]← UK, Canada and Estonia only, buy voucher with cash, then withdraw from FastBitcoins using Lightning network
- Graaf One (⚡) [Canada]
P2P Trading exchanges with base currency support for Lightning network ⚡:
- HodlHodl (💵, ⚡) [NO KYC] ← Not available in the U.S. [Lightning network is implemented simply as a payment method allowed for buying bitcoin.]
- Paxful (💵, ⚡ soon) ←Announcement
- Many P2P trading exchanges either explicitly allow bitcoin on Lightning network ⚡ as a payment method, or have an “Other” payment method that is a catchall in which the details of the payment method are located in the details of the trade offer.
- FixedFloat.com (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Boltz (⚡) [NO KYC]
- SideShift AI (⚡) [NO KYC] ← Not available in the U.S.
- ZigZag (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Lightning Loop client (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Go Lightning (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Bitflash (⚡) [NO KYC]
- REDSHIFT (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Submarine Swaps (⚡) [NO KYC]
- MercuriEX (⚡) [NO KYC]
- BitRefill (⚡) [NO KYC]
- FastBitcoins (⚡) [NO KYC, when under $150]← Buy FastBitcoins voucher using bitcoin or altcoins on BitRefill, then withdraw from FastBitcoins using Lightning network ⚡
- XLM to LN (⚡) [NO KYC]
- CoinPlaza (⚡)
- Liquid.Taxi (⚡ coming soon)
- Many P2P Trading Exchanges (including No-KYC ones) either use Lightning network ⚡ BTC as the base currency (e.g., on HodlHodl) or provide Lightning network ⚡ BTC as a payment method when purchasing bitcoin (e.g., on Bisq network and on HodlHodl).
Debit Cards Funded Using Lightning Network
Lightning Network Wallets
- Lightning Network Stores: Mobile Wallets (⚡)
- Rusnak: Comparison of 5 Lightning Network Wallets (⚡)
- LNRoute: Lightning Wallets (⚡)
- Lightning Exchanges list from the ION wiki
- Are multicoin exchanges attacks on Bitcoin scaling?
Have a suggestion? There are corresponding posts on r/Bitcoin (on Reddit) for the lightning network exchanges (fiat-to-⚡), and instant exchanges (crypto-to-crypto), and a post here on Medium with more P2P exchanges (fiat-to-crypto).
Additions, corrections, and other feedback welcome and can be submitted via e-mail.